Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day and Supportive Significant Others

Just wanted to share what an incredible husband I have, so thought since it was Valentine's Day, this would be a most appropriate day to do this.

If you've been following my blog, you will know that my ability to drive has been severely curbed which has resulted in my not being able to get to work.  I'm looking into getting hand controls for my car, but my hubby, Brad, is willing to transfer to another institution in the city I work (he works for Corrections) in order to make getting to work easier and less stressful for me. (I have a 50km commute).  Now, this may not seem like such a big deal, but I know that the institution he would have to transfer to, is at the bottom of his list of preferred places to work.   That he would be willing to do that for me, warms my heart. 

But Brad is like that.  He doesn't coddle me...far from it!...he won't let me give up!  But he is always there to give me a hand or arm when I need it, to go out of the way because I need to use a washroom...NOW!, to put up with eating/trying 'different' foods because I have a special diet, to eat at restaurants of MY choice because I have a special diet, to change social plans because I'm not feeling so 'up to it', to let me pick where we should sit at concerts, hockey games, etc. so that it's easy for me.  I could go on and on, but you get my drift.

So, I just want to say "I LOVE YOU" and thank God for sending you to me, Brad! 

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

No comments :

Post a Comment