Friday, November 18, 2011

Self-Healing


I've really been re-evaluating these past few days what I'm doing as far as diet and supplements go.  Not being able to drive, or at least not being able to drive safely, has scared the 'bejeebers' out of me because not being able to drive has so many implications.  Foremost is not being able to drive to work (I have a 50km commute) and just the lack of the sense of freedom that driving brings just leaves me feeling scared.

So, I've been doing a lot of re-reading of books that have been helpful to me in the past and looking at health articles on the web.  One thing I wanted to share was Dr. Andrew Weil's "Seven Strategies of Successful Patients" from his book, Spontaneous Healing.  In it, he identifies 7 common strategies that patients who experienced spontaneous healing used.  They are:
  1. Do Not Take "No" For An answer
  2. Actively Search for Help
  3. Seek Out Others Who Have Been Healed
  4. Form Constructive Partnerships with Health Professionals
  5. Do Not Hesitate to Make Radical Life Changes
  6. Regard Illness as a Gift (that's a tough one)
  7. Cultivate Self-Acceptance
 I also want to share this website, http://www.theselfhealingcoach.com/call-to-adventure/ which I have found to be helpful, especially during those times when I am feeling discouraged.  It also offers a free e-book entitled Healing MS: A Hero's Journey.

It's hard to stay positive when your body doesn't seem to want to cooperate, despite your efforts.  But looking at your situation with a 'glass half empty' view doesn't help you at all.  So the only choice left is to continue fighting for and searching for the thing or things that will help you!

No comments :

Post a Comment